So this is the first of the 12 #2014BloggerChallenge posts. I’m really glad to be part of this group and it’s been fantastic reading some of the other posts and how they’ve tackled this month’s subject.
As a quick intro to the #2014BloggerChallenge – each month the bloggers involved will be sent a subject that they have to post about. They’ll range from a variety of topics including beauty, fashion and lifestyle. There are set dates that the posts have to be published between.
So this first months is all about “New Year Inspiration”.
So where do I get my inspriation from at the start of each year?
Well I like to look back on the previous year and think about what I’m grateful for, and what my goals were at the beginning of the year and whether or not I have achieved them.
In 2013, I was grateful for:
- Celebrating my one year wedding anniversary with my wonderful husband Tom
- Having another successful year of running my own marketing agency
- Starting up a new business venture – Emailey.com
- Re-starting my jewellery making hobby again
- Getting back on the blogging bandwagon and joining the fantastic online community of bloggers worldwide
- Having no major health issues
- Having no financial worries
- For the love and support from my friends and family
Did I achieve my goals for 2013?
I wasn’t hugely goal driven last year. There were some things I achieved, and others I’m still working on.
Other goals included getting the house finally finished (in terms of decoration and furnishings) and sorting out the garden. Unfortunately these didn’t get finished either! Although we did have the outside bits of the house painted and some general maintenance done which was good.
I can’t really remember what other goals I set. Other than to continue working hard and saving away my pennies for a rainy day, which I did.
I guess my goal was to also be a good friend, wife and, daughter and sister, which of course I feel I achieved by the bucket-load!
What Inspires me for 2014?
I’m inspired by:
- Other bloggers – there are girls out there doing a really great job, writing and creating content that I look forward to reading each week. I’ll take inspiration from them to try and improve my own blog in 2014.
- My family – I love my family (who doesn’t love their own family!) and I enjoy spending quality time with them. I want to spend even more time with them in 2014 and take inspiration from the way they tackle life and the how they live their lives as good, honest, fun folk.
- My friends – I love being in my 30’s. All the friendship-based drama of our 20’s is well and truly over. I have such a good set of friends and love spending time with them. Whether it’s Craft & Cocktail Club with my girls, visiting my bestie in London, or hanging out with Tom’s old school friends and the WAGs, I treasure it all and can’t wait to do more of it in 2014.
- People living the life I want to live – I’m not really one who gets jealous of others. I’m more than happy to plod on, living my own little life. There’s a famous quote that’s something like “Comparison is the thief of joy“. You shouldn’t compare yourself to others or get jealous of what they have. However, there’s nothing wrong with having a life plan (I like to have five year life plans), and finding someone or people who are living the life you want in five years is no bad thing. See what they’re doing and how they got there. Use their experience to make sure you get what and where you want. So I’ll be looking to others in 2014 to help me ensure I stay on the track I want to be on.
And that’s it. My New Years Inspiration. Not a set of New Year Resolutions, but a list of who and what will inspire me to make sure my 2014 is a great year.
Are you taking part in the #2014BloggerChallenge? Leave me your links in the comments below so I can see what your New Year Inspiration is.