A few months ago I was round my sister-in-law’s house for dinner and she told me about her new love – her new juicer. This girl should be a professional salesperson as the very next day I went online and bought the same juicer!
I bought the Philips Avance HR1869 juicer, which is a great little machine. I’ll do a full review on it soon, but if you’re looking to buy one then I’d definitely recommend this one.
The juicer came with a recipe book and we have slowly been working our way through them. We now have this super healthy juice below every morning. It’s so quick and simple to make, tastes great and is super healthy.
The Green Superfood Juice
I double up on this recipe to make two juices. But for one juice you will need – 2 apples (Royal Gala ideally), half a stick of celery, quarter of a lemon, some broccoli with the florets cut off (leaving just the stalk) a small chunk of ginger, a large handful of spinach and a quarter of a cucumber.
Add the apples to the juice shoot and pack in the spinach really tightly above them. Then add the lemon and juice.
Then add the celery, broccoli, ginger and cucumber and juice. Then add the final apple.
You’ll be left with a jug full of delicious juice. Add some ice to your blender, pour in the juice and blend. You can always drink this over ice, but I much prefer it blended.
And there you have it. A really, really yummy juice that’s packed full of goodness too. I hate celery and broccoli, yet all mixed together in this juice, it tastes great.
So why is this healthy juice recipe so good for you?
Here’s a break down of the different benefits of each ingredient:
- Apples: Are an anti-cancer health promoter; pectin forms a gel in the intestines that eliminates toxins
- Lemon: Helps to cleanse the system – the acid scours the intestinal tract, it eliminates toxins and helps to neutralise harmful bacteria
- Broccoli: Is great at helping to lower blood pressure, it also helps with liver problems and constipation
- Celery: Reduces acidity in your body, so is good for arthritis and gout. It’s a natural diuretic, reduces fluid retention and helps to calm the nervous system
- Cucumber: This is an excellent diuretic. It also helps to reduce fluid retention, is great for your hair and skin and helps to reduce blood pressure
- Ginger: Is fantastic at this time of year as it’s a natural antibiotic and decongestant
- Spinach: Is great for anyone with anemia. It also supports your liver and kidney functions
Are you into juicing? Have any recipes you want to share? Let me know in the comments below.