Valentines Day can be a tricky one. Some people go all out, some people don’t like to do too much and others like to completely ignore it (which may be the case if you’re single).
Really, Valentines Day should be in the summer. Who care’s if you’re single when the sun in shining, you’ve got a fab girly beach holiday booked and you’re looking and feeling as hot as a button!
But no, it’s in February, when everyone is feeling the post Christmas slump. It’s cold (reeeeaally cold), it’s most likely been raining for weeks non stop, you’re fed up of wearing a million layers, and the temptation to eat carbolicious foods like pies is almost overwhelming!
However, it’s in February and it’s here to stay. So if you’re happily loved up and want to buy your beau a little present , here are some ideas from my favourite place to buy all my interesting and unique gits – Notonthehighstreet.
Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Him
- Personalised Collar Stiffeners £18 (on sale, were £24!)
- Personalised Definition Mug £12
- Personalised King Of The Kitchen Apron £28
- Lucky Sixpence Customised Date Coin Cufflinks £29.50 (I actually bought these for Tom last year, and they’re really, really nice. I’d definitely recommend these)
- Personalised I Love You Because Jigsaw £15.95
- Personalised ‘My Favourite Hello’ Keyring £12.99
- Beard Oil And Face Rag Set £25 (doesn’t everyone seem to have a beard nowadays?!)
- Personalised Travel Card Holder £26
- Personalised Letter Tile Cufflinks £20
Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Her
- Perks Of Being A Wallflower Infinity Necklace £12
- ‘Forget Me Knot’ Silver Earrings £12
- Single Love Letter Necklace £18
- Couples Personalised Initials Necklace £18
- Champagne And Strawberries Marshmallows £13.95
- Moon And Back’ Keyring £10
- Also roses – a classic, but you can’t fail with these really. In my experience M&S do the best value ones which last the longest
- And obviously chocolates!
A lot of these gifts are personalised, which I think is a nice touch. It makes if feel like you’ve gone to a real effort (when in actual fact, all you’ve done is typed their name or whatever in during the order process!).
I’ve also tried to keep these under £30, since it is only Valentines Day. No need to go to crazy (unless you’re my husband reading this, then feel free to go totes crazy please!!).
And if all else fails, sometimes a romantic night in, with a home cooked meal, a good bottle of wine and a nice movie is all you need.
And if you’re single this valentines day, well why don’t you treat yourself to something special. Maybe a nice facial or massage. Or a nice home cooked meal that you can order from a nice local takeaway (well…their business premises are like a home – it’s home cooked, just not in your home!), a bottle of wine that you don’t have to share, and a movie that you get to pick yourself!
Just remember that Valentines Day is a day about love. Love your partner, love yourself, love your friends and your family. It doesn’t matter who you love, just make sure you let those you do know about it.